I LOVE to entertain. When we bought our house and
gutted renovated it, we opened up all the walls to create one big kitchen/dining/living room area that was conducive to gatherings.
During “normal” times, when Mr. KK and I were preparing to entertain, it could be an all day affair getting ready. From planning to shopping, by the time our event rolled around, we were exhausted! But, oh! How times have changed.
Our Pre-Pandemic Entertaining Checklist looked like this:
• Clean house top to bottom
• Plan out a food menu (usually a theme)
• Plan out drink menu (possibly with a specialty drink)
• Prepare food all day
• Set table, clean glassware
• Light candles around the house
• Create music playlist
• Get dolled up
• Send the dog (and sometimes child!) out for the night
• Run around like a madwoman the entire event
Once lockdown was instituted, we had to get creative in order to see our family, socially distanced and outside. The first 45 days of the pandemic the only way we say our parents was on video chat. But when the weather started getting warmer, we created a safe “party” environment outside.
First, chairs were moved to be a respectable distance apart.
Second, everyone brought their own drinks and snacks.
Third, do you best to resist hugs from the Little Mister.
Based on the above, our Pandemic Entertaining Checklist looked like this:
• Blow off patio
• Pull up takeout menus on our phones
I don’t think I’ve ever enjoyed get togethers more than I have this year! No stress, no running around, no prep.
I could get used to this!