Last year my social feed was filled with friends with extra time on their hands, who took up a hobby.
I was not one of those folks.
However, now that life is resuming and calendars are filling up and I have very little time for myself, I have decided that I need to find myself a nice little hobby.
My new hobby needs to fit the following criteria:
- I need to be able to do this hobby at home
- This hobby cannot require any additional time out of my day
- Hobby must be relatively easy and inexpensive
Based on this list, I introduce my future hobby: knitting.
While I’m not yet ready to join official Stitch & Bitch groups (as much as I want to, I just love the name!), I can confidently say that knitting:
- is something I can do at home
- is something I can do while I’m doing something else (ie: watching TV at night)
- may take time to learn, but once I get the hang of it might be therapeutic
For my very first knitting project, I think I will order a scarf-making kit from Stitch & Story:
I’m excited about this project! A long time ago I started knitting with one of my friends, but I never kept it up. but I’m ready to start again and actually produce something! First, a scarf! Then, a knit banana hat!
Plus, I just read Sutton Foster’s memoir, Hooked, which – you guessed it! – is about knitting!
Hopefully, I finish this knitting project before next November so I can share it on the blog!