Hey, it’s the Ides of November! (oh, not a thing?) Anyway, what I really should be celebrating is that I have made it halfway through NaBloPoMo and blogging every day so far during the month of November. Yay, me!
Perhaps it’s because it gets dark so early, but when it’s time to relax at night after Little Mister is asleep and we’ve eaten and cleaned up after dinner, we’re both exhausted.
But as not to go to bed on a full stomach, we’ll usually watch a little TV to wind down.
And I don’t have to tell you that there’s NOTHING to watch on TV. Besides the two shows that have our loyalty (Modern Family and The Goldbergs), most nights we stare at The Guide, neither one of us wanting to commit to something.
Which means it’s time for a new show to binge watch.
Unfortunately, our lives don’t allow us to ‘binge watch’ in the true sense of the word: plopping down in the family room and watching episodes for 8 hours straight (Mama ain’t got time for that). So instead, we binge watch our own way: whenever we can fit the shows in. I think half hour shows are the perfect amount of time. An hour is just too much of a committment (and who am I kidding? I can’t stay awake for an hour at night any more.
Or, we start a show and don’t finish.
Seriously, we are the worst binge-watchers ever! Shows that we’ve (sort of) binged on include:
- Entourage (Watched every episode. I STILL miss this show),
- Arrested Development (but we stopped during sometime during Season 4)
- Orange is the New Black (again, we stopped watching that one randomly too)
- Younger (I started watching this by myself thinking Mr. KK wouldn’t like it, but then I wanted to watch the episodes so badly that I’d just put the show on when we were watching TV together. #TeamJosh)
- Catastrophe (I watched this one by myself, mostly when I was traveling so much for work)
- Schitt’s Creek (I started this one on my own but loved it so much that I started it all over again so that Mr. KK could join in the fun. Seriously, one of the best shows on TV, and coming back in January!)
We are in need of a new show.
I think we started Homeland, but didn’t get through the first episode (not sure I remember why?)
House of Cards has been in our queue for a long time but we never started it. Worth it?
Breaking Bad has also been in our queue. I feel like all the hoopla around that show is gone. Should we start?
Don’t get me wrong, I could watch Friends reruns until the cows come home, but it’s probably time for something new when I can practically recite the episode purely from its name.
News shows, and….GO!